Screech

I suppose I have gratitude.

I can say that can still feel

I need to

I can have gratitude

I can try that attitude

I can fake compassion

Then perhaps become enlightened

I can master the catch phrase

I can make love water out of hate

I sure hope so

I know it is not the end

Something could be around the bend

So I am grateful

I still have a heart of gold

My actions are golden

I still think God cares

Out there somehow within

Take me to a place

Take me to great places

Tired of playing games

Gonna dance into a new day

Show myself who I am

See the beauty all around

Give something good

Maybe die a soldiers death

Maybe wed a soldiers bride

Time 

Time.

Sometimes I feel like a victim

Sometimes I am defiant

Sometimes I brighten

Glowing

Asking for something better.

Comments

  1. Sometimes in times like this I feel like barfing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would want to know that my life was not just lived for me, because of me, for the soul purpose of me...and there is this sign on the road and it basically says "Next stop ME"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poems aspires, but in no certainty or direction. A realism that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here there is a wish for love and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When all feels lost it feels good to read this poem

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment