Another way of putting it.

I imagine the tower
Trying to get higher
But there is Babel.

I imagine the sun
Blinking at you
Trying to waken your soul.

I imagine children
How do we know
The heart of the world?

I imagine a dream
Dying to be free
If only we could hear!

I imagine a valley
Stretching into reality
Green grass and a flowing stream.

I imagine wetlands rising
As cars get lost in the hours
Where times are devoured.

I imagine a cabin in the woods
A man writing a manifesto
For only himself to read.

I imagine a church
Tied to a wall
And a dam that could never be far.

I imagine a carrot
That appeared to have it all
Dangling in front of a cow.

I imagine a bracelet
Studded with diamonds
And a roving video camera.

I imagine a bush
Blazing in space
We were all standing in place.

I imagine Oz resting in Long Island
Nothing made sense
In the the land that was empty.

I imagine a farm
Where opium grows
And a man spills the jug onto the land.

I imagine three wise men
Riding forwards as fast as they can
The data was in code back then.

I saw the lion stir in the jungle
What was he doing there
The hunting was scarce.



Comments